The Rethinking Range Surfer
The variation of THE surfer for lighter builds or technical riders in strong winds.
- The outline has been redesigned to find identical sensations, the shape by homothety doesn't exist at HB Surf!
- A board that is shorter but gains width to keep control at high speed, a little less thick to easily bite the rail at the bottom.
- Its BIAX TECH version offers increased lightness as well as unmatched flex and response characteristics. The shape of our BIAX TECH OCTO 5'6 is therefore greatly upgraded thanks to our unique BIAX technology.
LISTEN TO OUR EXCLUSIVE BIAX CONSTRUCTION
BIAX bamboo technology takes it to the next level. After years of research and prototypes tested around the world by the international team, the BIAX construction, combined with Paulownia parabolic wood rails, gives the board an exceptional structure. It is 15% lighter than our classic construction, which was already the lightest on the market! In addition, it offers flex characteristics, unmatched response while maintaining the strength of all HB boards, known to be the strongest on the market!
The special feature of the BIAX is to use the Bamboo at 45° under the hull, while it is aligned in most cases.
- The main reason is in the FLEX of the board. This is the key element that we have been working on because it is the main feature that allows us to offer a board that performs well and is fun to ride. We also call it the bounce effect, the one that allows you to be explosive in your riding, whether it's pop to jump or bottom turn to surf. The balance was not easy to find, between the orientation of the bamboo blades, the application on the top or the bottom of the board, or both... our tests led to this excellent balance. The notion of torsion is also taken into account.
- The second reason is the WEIGHT of the board. Don't believe the dealers who assure you that weight is synonymous with quality, they just don't get it! A light board means performance and fluidity, the holy grail in terms of riding.
- The third reason is the weight of the board.
- The third reason we developed this unique technology is COMFORT. Having an uncontrollable or hard to reach Formula 1 is pointless, the BIAX construction offers a fluid and precise feel that gives you a tool for progression and unmatched control!
This is a true revolution for HB-Surfkite to have created a construction that is lighter and stronger than our proprietary construction, which was already among the most successful in the world in this area.
As this revolution is likely to remain for a long time, the aesthetics of this one have remained minimalist. Boards with this technology simply sport a touch of color on the tail. The 45% bamboo orientation under the hull indicates this revolutionary construction.